Online Marketing/seo

seo  pointing domain vs using domain name
i own  an online printing services company in manhtattan.  I just purchased the domain name .
How can i use the new domain name to increase my seo for my current website.. If i forward the  to   is that a good idea or do you have a better suggestion.
thank you

If you bought this domain name to have any SEO value than you need content on a site with that name in order for Google to index it.  In other words Google needs there to be words, pictures and even Meta tags (the code stuff that also tells them what the site says it going to have on it)in order to know what is on it and bring it up as one possibility when people search for those words.
Since about 70-80% of all searches are done on Google, SEO these days Google really just means "make Google like me".  From a very basic stand point, Google takes a look at a couple of things to determine who is going to show up when you search for something and in what order those will be listed.
They look at
1. What do the meta tags, page names, domain name and so on say the site is going to be about?
2. What is the content actually about?
3. And most importantly what do other site it already trusts as having credible content say it is about.

The Google software takes that information and then determines which sites are the most specifically related to what a person just typed in and show them based on which they have determined from the above information is the most relevant to what you just asked

So in order for you domain to have any SEO value you need content.  The only reason to have a domain and redirect it with no content is if you want to drive people who were already coming to one domain name to a different domain.

SEO can be quite tricky and the biggest confusion that has been created for people is because there are techniques that work but only if you use them in the way that works.  Rather than focusing on multiple domain name strategies I would encourage you to find someone who can help you really focus on determining your ideal client and then identifying specific things they will be looking for so that when they search you are who they find

Hope that helps.  Let me know if you need more specific help

Online Marketing

Steve Kidd

My specialty is WordPress based blogs and websites. I can answer question about internet marketing, starting an internet business, setting up a blog and any general question about WordPress. Though I understand the basics of programming I do not normally answer coding related questions

I have worked within the internet industry for the past 16 years. During that time I was a marketing specialist, the operations manager for a dial-up company and have installed and help in the set up of over 1000 WordPress based blogs.

I studied programming in High School prior to the introduction of the personal computer. I have a Doctorate in Theology and a Masters in Internet Marketing

Clients have included large corporations like Portland General Electric and small home businesses like Earth Angel Network and Inspiration Foundation. Clients have also included: Weaver Technologies Faith Family Center Her Blogs Network TalkETalk Affinity VoIP Telecom and MANY others