Online Marketing/please advice

Question
QUESTION: Dear sir,
My name is Stella. I will be grateful if you answer few queries of mine. I have learnt a lot about online selling and marketing through internet. If have collected a lot of articles and e-books to gain some knowledge about the same. Then I started a blog in wordpress named " learn English online". I posted few articles. Also I used Facebook and twitter to get traffic.

Now the problem is that I am not getting any traffic. No one is reading my posts. It has been 6 months since I started blogging. I am aware of SEO terms and tools. I used it to some extent. Could you please tell me what should I do now. How can I get more traffic?

Actually I have planned to start an online store. But since it involves financial investment, so I decided to test the concept of online selling by using blogging first. But unfortunately its not yielding any results.
Could it be that I stay in India and here the concept of online selling and blogging has not gained much momentum so that's why iam not seeing results.
1. Please tell me what is the reason as it appears to you? And  
2. Possible solution to this problem.
Please reply.
Thanks.

ANSWER: Hi Stella  -

Thanks for the question.  Can you provide me a bit more information:

1. What is the domain name of the blog?
2. Where are you trying to sell your services (in India?, in the US? or Nationwide?)

Thanks!
Jared

QUESTION: Dear sir,
Thank you for taking interest in my case. Here are details of the questions you asked...

1. My domain name: At the Moment I am just trying to know more about online selling, so I have just set up a blog in WordPress. The web address of the of is: Sherryseaan.WordPress.com

2. I stay in India. I would like to provide my services to anyone who can access my blog.

Thanks.

Answer
Ok, Ive looked at the blog. There are a few immediate flags - for example, I dont see an optimized <title> tag on the site - its currently called " sherryseaan ".  

One of the first things you need to do in SEO is change your title to include keywords - for example, "Learn to Speak English", "Online English Tutor" etc.

You should try and focus on a smaller market first - for example, teaching English to people in India. I would get your own domain name instead of using a .wordpress domain.

For example:

Get a domain called learntospeakenglish.in  or onlineenglishtutor.in  (or you can use .com)

Make sure the title of the blog reflects 'learn english' or 'online english tutor'. In the description make sure you reinforce those keywords, and it doesnt hurt to have a home page that remains static and talks about your services.

The search engines will give you much more credit towards those keywords if you usethem in this way. Make sure you have clear contact information as well.

Hope this helps you get off to a good start.

Cheers,
Jared  

Online Marketing

Jared Mumford