Online Marketing/Social Media Marketing for B2B Tradeshows

Question
Social Media Marketing for B2B Tradeshows

Hello Steve Kidd, hope you are doing well.

I am a digital marketer. I work for a company which organizes B2B trade shows annually for 15 different industries including plastics, textiles, digital signage, building materials, oil, energy and gas etc.

Can you help me in finding out the social media strategies and activities to promote the exhibitions? I really need to know what activities i should be doing which helps in spreading the word about exhibitions and eventually helps in business development and sales. Thank you so much :)

Answer
Since it is B2B you will want to spend a lot of your focus on Linkedin, which is geared more toward B2B than the other social platform.  You want to make use of the social contact on all social media as well as websites and newsletter of all of your vendors and attendess so that the "buzz" is coming from those involved in the show.  From there it is really just all about planning on have a marketing budget and a company or person who can insure you spend your marketing dollars the most impactfully
But again dont underestimate the power of people who are attending and part of the show all sharing to their social media regardless of size - if you have 100 vendors and each of them only has a list of 100 people that is a social reach of 10,000 and if 10% of those repost to their 100 people that would be 100,000

Online Marketing

Steve Kidd