Online Marketing/Perception

Hi Shell

What's your opinion of how the majority of people view someone who like's their own post, comments and videos online? I read in a free e-book from online and it said most see it as gaming the system? Would you agree with that, and if no why not?

Enjoy the rest of your day

Firstly sorry for the delayed response, I've been on holiday.

I wouldn't call it gaming the system, because really, what do you achieve by liking your own content? However, I think liking your own posts and comments etc online is a very desperate tactic. When you post something online, if you didn't like it, you wouldn't post it (one would hope!), so the very act of posting something implies that of course you like it. Actively going back and clicking the like button, imo looks very desperate and unprofessional.

Some people may disagree with my stance, but my both personal and professional opinion is that liking your own content looks really desperate and provides no benefit.

Online Marketing

Shell Robshaw-Bryan

I can answer questions on anything relating to online marketing, content creation, content marketing, social media engagement and strategy, organic SEO, web design and conversion optimisation.

Over 14 years of working in the area with small businesses and start ups right through to massive international brands including Samsung, Logitch, MSI and Microsoft! Check me out on LinkedIn to see some of my endorsements.

Professional blogger for the past 18 months contributing regularly to a number of professional websites including Social media today, UK Marketing network and Business 2 Community.

Microsoft Logitech Redbull (current, new client we are doing a web development project for)