Online Marketing/What's the perception of liking your own posts or videos

Hi Nat

What's your opinion of how the majority of people view someone who like's their own post, comments and videos online? I read in a free e-book from online and it said most see it as gaming the system? Would you agree with that, and if no why not?

Enjoy the rest of your day

If you think it feels like your "gaming" the system then you probably are.

I'm not sure Google or the other search engines drill down to see if you "liked" your post or video but in truth if you're trying to improve your ranking then you need to share your information with as many viewers as possible. This may come down to commenting on like minded blogs or you tube accounts and sharing a link to your video in the comment.

You can also buy likes at Fiverr but in order to really grow your online business you need natural looking links.

There are people who have arrived to view your video or online material from someplace else because they are looking for answers to a question they might have about a product, service.

The more you can walk in their shoes and phrase your titles to reflect that the video or post may provide this answer the quicker you will be to getting more likes.

A long winded answer Sterling but that's my take on the question.

All the best

Online Marketing

Nat Griggs

Online marketing for business. On Page and off Page SEO to get better search engine results. Quality Link building and why it's important for your business and your website. How to read your competitors website source code and what to do with the information to out rank them in the search engines for your main keywords. (This is so easy you'll be spending the rest of the day snooping on all your competition) Why you need an auto responder for your email on your website and where to find the free ones. Where to find the terms people are using to find businesses like yours. How to fully optimize your Google Places/Maps listing so you get the most search engine power from this free service. Why the name of your business in your domain is killing your web site traffic and what to do about it. Why you should hire someone to write a business "white paper" about your industry and products or service. Video marketing and why videos put up on You Tube can rank on the first page of Google for your business in less than 72 hours and sometimes even the same day. Plenty more that might be willing to share.

Online marketing for 6 years. Sales and marketing for 30 years. Experience in copy writing, website development, and on and offline lead generation. Expertise with search engine optimization, search engine marketing, list building and direct response marketing.

Kenyon College 1983