How to Have an Online Relationship/Do online dates actually work

Hi Dr Nuccitelli

Just wondering whether online dating actually works and the people who supposedly connect on line can have a lasting happy relationship once they meet?

How does one have a successful online relationship?
I have tried online dating, which failed miserably and am very sceptical of the whole thing.

I connected with the potential online dates and then it moved to texting, emailing, but when it came to meeting the guys, they were nothing like what they stated in their profiles.  In actual fact they were the complete opposite.

I was told by 2 of the guys that a) men lie (don't we all?) and b) don't believe anything that i tell you (then why are you talking to me?)

if you can enlighten me on the online dating scenario and how to be successful in this area, I would appreciate it.

Dear T,

Yourself, myself and the entire world in 2012 are living at the beginning of the Information Age. As with all aspects of society, online dating is another new frontier of interpersonal relationships via cyberspace. Online dating can be both wonderful and a true ridiculous venture. The first step is to spend time reviewing and editing your dating profile so that it presents yourself in the most honest depiction as possible. Also, before you meet a guy, set up an initial video chat to make sure he is who he presents himself as. I recommend at least 2-3 video chats before that first meeting.

As a cyber criminal & digital forensic psychologist specializing in Technology Predators, visit my online dating safety tips page to review my tips. At present, as of 12/9/12, my web developers are working on the site so check out the page by the end of the week. Here is the link:

Good luck in your online dating, be safe and be even more patient. With time, you will meet a guy who seems so cool during video chat, you'll have to meet him.

Dr. Michael Nuccitelli  

How to Have an Online Relationship

Dr. Michael Nuccitelli

Onling dating safety,cyber bullying, cyber stalking, cybercrime, cyber terrorism, online sexual predators, child predators, Internet safety, psychopathology, criminal & forensic psychology and cyber psychology. I cannot answer questions on the technological aspects of Information and Communications Technology.

Dr. Michael Nuccitelli is a New York State licensed psychologist and certified forensic consultant. He completed his doctoral degree in clinical psychology in 1994 from the Adler School of Professional Psychology in Chicago, Illinois. In 1997, Dr. Nuccitelli became a licensed psychologist in New York State (License # 013009.) In 2006, he received the Certified Forensic Consultant designation from the American College of Forensic Examiners (Identification # 103110.) Dr. Nuccitelli has developed a theoretical construct, iPredator, which encapsulates all online users who use Information and Communications Technology to abuse, harm, steal from or disparage other online users. His theory of iPredator is recognized by the American College of Forensic Examiners International.Dr. Nuccitelli has expertise in Online Dating Safety.

American College of Forensic Examiners International.

The Forensic Examiner

Dr. Nuccitelli is a New York State Licensed Psychologist and certified forensic consultant designated by the American College of Forensic Examiners International.