How to Have an Online Relationship/Am I being scammed?

I was approached on by a guy who claims to live in Iowa and is a general contractor in residential and commercial construction but works outside of US. I had talked with him about two weeks via phone, texting and e-mails before he had to travel to Nigeria to construct a Charity home in Lagos. Upon arrival in Nigeria his credit cards wouldn't work and he had no money for food, then later he had to have money to release his shipment from customs, later money for materials and labor, all of which I have sent. Now he needs money to pay his taxes. The guy who's holding payment for the job complete will not release funds until taxes are paid. My contact doesn't have or claims not to have money to pay his taxes. I don't know what to do. If this guy is for real I don't want to put him through the mill.

Hello Sue,

Unfortunately, yes, this creep is a scammer.  I'm so sorry this happened to you!

Since he is supposed to be a US Citizen from Iowa, tell him to contact the US Embassy regarding his financial problems.  He will have an excuse as to why he doesn't or cannot contact them and will get very nervous.  

Stop all contact with this parasite.  Don't respond to his e-mails or answer his phone calls.

Make a complaint on the IC3 Website which goes directly to the FBI.  You won't be able to get reimbursed for any of your losses, however, this information does go to the FBI and starts an investigation.  

Also, notify about this jerk.  This might stop him from taking advantage of another kind person.  In addition, will delete his profile.

If you have any other questions or anything else I can help you with, just let me know.

Kindest regards,

Please rate my response.  

How to Have an Online Relationship

How to recognize an Internet Love Scammer. What to look for in regards to an Internet Love Scammer. What should I do if I am approached by an Internet Love Scammer? Feelings in regard to being Internet Loved Scammed. Should I confront an Internet Love Scammer?

I was personally scammed a few years ago. Since that time, I have become very active in numerous support groups. I have wrote numerous articles for various magazines regarding this issue. I have personally interviewed convicted Internet Love Scammers.

ILS Support Group; Yahoo Support Group - Internet Emotional Scammers

Various Magazines

Graduated from High School 1976; AA Degree from Sierra College in Law Enforcement; Graduated with Diploma from Heald Business College 1978; Attended Internet Scamming Seminar 2009

Numerous awards for outstanding advice regarding Internet Love Scammers