How to Have an Online Relationship/Sr Dating on Facebook

I am a 56 year old guy. Just got into Facebook-yeah I know its late-but its the only way to stay in touch with my labour union, as we are having issues with the employer. I enjoy posting in that group, but would like to expand my friendship network. I dont know where to begin! There are lots of different groups with different interests. I dont want to be categorised, I like lots of stuff and would enjoy making some online friends my age. Thanks for any help!

Hi Bud,

Good for you for getting online to FB even if so many years later than most. Who else cares?

OK, a few tips.

First, go join and allow it access to your FB account so when you join LOCAL interest groups it just happenstance posts to FB.

Meetup more than FB is very locally and activity focused. You're not quite sharing your whole life with the whole internet world, just locals, predominately.

Join several activity groups, square dancing (where my sr fiancÚ met me his midlife blessing), hiking groups, 40s - 50s social groups.

Get active socially and it will all happen for you.

Then on FB, focus on local groups. If it's a problem with your Labor Union, don't do it on FB, join on Meetup. Lower visibility.  Less professional conflict!  

How to Have an Online Relationship

April Braswell

As seen in Dating for Dummies, 3rd edition. As a professional seminar speaker to singles about using online dating and other social media sites, I help singles to stay safe while pursuing the online soul mate in cyber dating space while in Web 2.0 world.

One of the top 2 internet dating experts.

As seen in Dating for Dummies, 3rd edition. CBS Radio Las Vegas GateHouse Media In Touch Weekly Boston Globe Kansas City Star Women's World

Credentialed from Smith College and the early Silicon Valley Web 2.0 World, certified Internet Influencer from Influence Bootcamp last 3 years running.