Online Shopping/online shop requirement....

Question
Hi Jamison, how are you. i appreciate your offer to help. First of all. I live in UK, and I need to adhere to UK laws. So if you know about UK law relevant to my question, thatís great but if not please state what countryís law you are informing me about or else I might be confused. Ok i needed to know if it is a legal requirement to have account login setup for customers in an online shopping in a website or is it just for convenience? Because I have thought of a way to get customers to buy online without having to sing up and login with their passwords but the payment will be secure of course but will not require logging in or singing up. But right now I am just making sure to see if it is in fact a legal requirement for online shops to have a login account for customers or not? Your reply will be most helpful, thanks and I appreciate you reading the question.

Answer
I'm located in the US so I can't speak about UK law. Even if I was, I'd advise you to speak to a lawyer who specializes in this sort of thing.

From a practicality perspective, it doesn't really make sense to NOT have an account login for an online shopping website. If you don't people won't be able to see order histories, place re-orders, ect. Many carts do offer a guest login, which doesn't require a password, but, on the backend there IS an account for them. Shops need a way to track orders, fulfillment, send out invoices and that sort of thing.

I can't say for sure, but i don't think there are any legal concerns when it comes to providing a login to your clientele.

Online Shopping

Jamison Mergens