Opera/Question about my voice category

Andrew wrote at 2013-03-03 13:05:42
The voice sounds very young, light and lyrical and is definitely medium-high. From what I've heard I don't think you are a high tenor and due to your lyrical nature I would sing repertoire in the high baritone keys (C below middle to high A touching notes slightly above or below) with the tessitura firmly in the middle C to F area rather than attempting tenor repertoire. Who knows where it might go? Lieder in the tenor keys might be OK but just make sure the tessitura doesn't fatigue you. I wish you all the best on your vocal journey. Kind Regards, Andrew

Pamela Thomas

Questions on Opera performance, repertoire, vocal technique, acting for opera. I have some 20 years experience in opera in both leading roles and chorus. I have sung with New York City Opera since 1981. I have studied voice in NYC for over 20 years and have also taught technique and coached singers in acting.