Opera/What is my Voice type

Question
Hi Ms Pamela Thomas,

I'm a 23-year old male and interested in singing. I have not attended any formal voice lessons but I'm curious to know my voice type. My range is from F2 - C#5. However, my G4 is alittle unstable and I have to "shout" any notes above G4 ( if not I will slide to falsetto). Here is a clip attempting the scales( p.s. I have not warmed up, hence my voice is not very appealing): https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151048043404058&set=vb.639649057&type=3&theater

Thank you.

Answer
Dear Felix,

I believe I answered this question earlier but the questioner had a different name.  However I do remember the recording.  Here is what I said before:

It is really hard for me to say what voice type you are even after listening to your scale.  Have you worked with a professional voice teacher in your area?  If not, perhaps you could go sing for them and get their thoughts.  I think you should concentrate, for now, on the baritone fach.  But if you are really interested in singing you really do need to study with a teacher live.  He/she could teach you about voice and give you a basic technique.

If you do want to learn about singing go to www.voiceteacher.com and you will see my voice teacher's CD about basic voice.  This has great information and good exercises.

Best,

Pamela

Opera

Pamela Thomas