Opera/Joan Sutherland

My elderly mother-in-law set me to find a recording by Joan Sutherland of "Vestan Dormer" from the opera "Dorina". The spelling of the name for both the piece and the opera may be very wrong. I am coming up blank on this one. The closest I've come to it is Pavarotti with "Nessun dorma", but that's a long way from Joan Sutherland. Any ideas?

Hi Jeff,

Sorry for the delay in answering.  I've been racking my brain (and some friends' brains) and cannot come up with what this might be.
If you had an recorded excerpt I might be able to help.  Of course there is Norina in Don Pasquale - but nothing in the opera that sounds like "vestal dormer".  Can you mother-in-law tell you who produced the recording?  

I hope you find the answer.  This is a tough one.

All the best,

Pamela Thomas

Questions on Opera performance, repertoire, vocal technique, acting for opera. I have some 20 years experience in opera in both leading roles and chorus. I have sung with New York City Opera since 1981. I have studied voice in NYC for over 20 years and have also taught technique and coached singers in acting.