Opera/please help with classical song

My subject line pretty much states my problem...
I am writing a scene in a movie and I found the perfect song to fit this part.

I have a youtube link on a Hitler documentary called Nazi A Warning From History... (which makes me believe its a german song)

Here is the link
please set the video to 11:50 and listen... (sorry about the narration through it)  you will be able to hear it very clearly...
anything you could do for me would be great... I have searched about 1000 songs over two days, and am completely unsuccessful...

Tom Mestancik

Hi Tom,

I'm sorry to say that I do not know the song which is contained in the documentary link which you enclosed for me. I am guessing it might be a traditional German melody, perhaps historic, but none of which leads me to think it comes from an Opera.  You'd be maybe best advised to ask someone who is the curator of a library in Germany, who could potentially help you identify it- and perhaps a library in southern Germany since it was talking about that part of the country just when it showed those clips.

Hope this helps and wishing you the best of luck in your search!

Yours truly,

Julia Katherine Walsh

I can answer all questions relating to studying Operatic singing, the female voice, acting for singing, attending music conservatories for college, voice competitions, studying voice in New York City, and the lifestyle of an opera singer.

I am an Opera singer who is beginning her Professional Career.

Professional Women Singers Association

Westminster Choir College Music Journal, Hunter College Newspaper,

B.M. in Voice Performance, Westminster Choir College M.A. in Voice Performance, Hunter College