Ophthalmology & Optometry/Patching for left lazy eye, strabismis and long sightedness

Kathy wrote at 2008-10-21 00:47:59
Please don't give up. I have a 4 1/2 year old child that got diagnosed with lazy eye, +3.25, +4.25 in both eyes on July 2. 08. After I found out she had this, I immediately took books out on the "Bates Method" by William Bates. I practised eye exercises with my child for 3 weeks until I saw a drastic improvement. And for the better. She was reading eye charts perfectly. After a month passed by, I went for a second opinion and found that she was 20/20 in both eyes! I still do the eye exercises but not every day and today, I'm going to start doing the bead excercise (beads on a string) for depth perception. Kids eyes are still developing and please don't give up because they don't have to be in glasses or on the patch for the rest of their lives, there are other alternative options out there!

Aisha wrote at 2012-10-31 13:55:56
Can you tell me which exercises you did...i need help pls

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS

I can answer any question on eye care, expertise in Laser eye surgery, LASIK, Epi LASIK, cataract, glaucoma, keratoconus- corneal collagen crosslinking.

OF LASIK, we are one of the first centres to use the wavefront guided LASIK or custom LASIK procedures. I train doctors worldwide for these wavefront procedures, our centre is the referral centre for our Wavelight Laser Technologies, Germany in India.

ASCRS [American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery]certified by USA- Joint Commission International

MD Ophthalmology and FICS [Fellow of the International College of Surgeons]

please see and