Ophthalmology & Optometry/eye drops causing vertigo

Richard wrote at 2011-10-19 14:01:15
I have suffered from the same reaction to eye drops, and found that it is NOT related to an ingredient in the drops themselves.  Actually it is directly related to the action of tipping the head back to put the drops in.  This movement can case the exact inner-ear movement which can bring on a vertigo episode.  I suggest you try to put in the drops without tipping your head all the way back (hard as it may seem).

Vicki wrote at 2013-05-10 10:23:04
Same problem with eye drops--vertigo, vague nausea.  I do think it is connected to eye drops--happened the same way, a few hours after use by eye doc when I was being fitted for contacts.  

Carol wrote at 2015-03-01 20:27:36
I started getting dizziness after using Soothe for a few months. I switched to Thera Tears and still get some dizziness.  While I put the drops in my eyes I hold my fingers to the inside edges of my lids for 2 minutes to keep the drops in place.  Don't know what else to try. :(

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Any and all questions with regard to ocular ailments, eye diseases as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, etc , eye and visual sympomatology, eyeglasses, contact lenses, low or subnormal vision, pediatric vision conditions,and special and unique ailments will be discussed.

36 years of clinical experience in opticianry and therapeutic optometry. Still in private practice with special interests in vision conditions, diagnosing and treating ocular ailments, prescibing treatment plans which include medicine, eyeglasses, and contact lenses primarily. Although surgery is not within the realm of my area of expertise, I co-manage many pre and post -op surgical cases which include Lasik and PRK procedures.

New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians American Optometric Association

B.A.,1968, Hunter College of the City University of New York B.S.,1970, Pennsylvania College of Optometry O.D.,1973, Pennsylvania College of Optometry Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Administration Certification, New Jersey 1992

Clinical Efficiency Award, 1973, Pennsylvaania College of Optometry