Ophthalmology & Optometry/Air pressure cause a change in iris color?

Question
if you were to pinch your nostrils and blow really hard to clear your ears ,could the air pressure build up in the tear duct or at the back of the eye and have an effect on iris color causing a discolouration?

Answer
Dear Gareth,

Iris color is determined by pigments called Melanin. I don't see any reason for it to change its color due to pressure build up in the tear duct. However some medical conditions and medicines cause temporary change in color of the eyes.

Regards

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Optom. Amit Sharma