Ophthalmology & Optometry/Changing astigmatism

I have had five pairs of glasses over the past year.  Each time a few days after receiving my glasses, and sometime when I received them, my vision would have changed.  After some investigation by my optometrist, he said that my angle for the axis of my astigmatism is switching a lot and often.  He checked the health of my eye and said it is good.  He gave me salt drops to try for a week to try and make sure my cornea stays the same size.  Nothing seems to work.  When I have the eye test, my eyes are correct to perfect and then I put the glasses on and I could just cry - the vision is my right eye is not clear anymore.  My doctor said he doesn't know what to do.  Please, I would just like to be able to see clearly again.  Who should I see now to help me? I am 50 years old.

Dear Linda:  because of frequently changing vision you need to be checked for the following:  corneal edema, keratopathy, lenticular changes, (cataract), retinal changes like edema, macular degeneration, etc.  perhaps get a second opinion would be beneficial.  hope this helps you

Dr. ken

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Any and all questions with regard to ocular ailments, eye diseases as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, etc , eye and visual sympomatology, eyeglasses, contact lenses, low or subnormal vision, pediatric vision conditions,and special and unique ailments will be discussed.

36 years of clinical experience in opticianry and therapeutic optometry. Still in private practice with special interests in vision conditions, diagnosing and treating ocular ailments, prescibing treatment plans which include medicine, eyeglasses, and contact lenses primarily. Although surgery is not within the realm of my area of expertise, I co-manage many pre and post -op surgical cases which include Lasik and PRK procedures.

New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians American Optometric Association

B.A.,1968, Hunter College of the City University of New York B.S.,1970, Pennsylvania College of Optometry O.D.,1973, Pennsylvania College of Optometry Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Administration Certification, New Jersey 1992

Clinical Efficiency Award, 1973, Pennsylvaania College of Optometry