Ophthalmology & Optometry/Bates Method Question-

Question
I understand that the Bates Method is subject to much controversy among experts and there are many skeptics due to lack of evidence.

Do you think the Bates Method works?
Why or why not?

Answer
Simply,  If the Bates method actually did work, then everyone in society would be doing it and not have to wear corrective lenses, contact lenses or undergo refractive surgery, which is expensive and can be risky.  And after 37 years in private practice, I have not seen one case where this method works. Many have tried it and many of those now wear corrective lenses.

dr. ken

Ophthalmology & Optometry

DR. KENNETH BERGER