Ophthalmology & Optometry/Bates Method Question-

I understand that the Bates Method is subject to much controversy among experts and there are many skeptics due to lack of evidence.

Do you think the Bates Method works?
Why or why not?

Simply,  If the Bates method actually did work, then everyone in society would be doing it and not have to wear corrective lenses, contact lenses or undergo refractive surgery, which is expensive and can be risky.  And after 37 years in private practice, I have not seen one case where this method works. Many have tried it and many of those now wear corrective lenses.

dr. ken

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Any and all questions with regard to ocular ailments, eye diseases as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, etc , eye and visual sympomatology, eyeglasses, contact lenses, low or subnormal vision, pediatric vision conditions,and special and unique ailments will be discussed.

36 years of clinical experience in opticianry and therapeutic optometry. Still in private practice with special interests in vision conditions, diagnosing and treating ocular ailments, prescibing treatment plans which include medicine, eyeglasses, and contact lenses primarily. Although surgery is not within the realm of my area of expertise, I co-manage many pre and post -op surgical cases which include Lasik and PRK procedures.

New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians American Optometric Association

B.A.,1968, Hunter College of the City University of New York B.S.,1970, Pennsylvania College of Optometry O.D.,1973, Pennsylvania College of Optometry Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Administration Certification, New Jersey 1992

Clinical Efficiency Award, 1973, Pennsylvaania College of Optometry