Ophthalmology & Optometry/Contact lens solutions

Is there any way you can possibly mix the clear care system with a multi-purpose cleaning solution?  For example if I disinfect over night in Clear Care, wear lenses for several hours and then want to take them out, keep them out a few hours and then pop in again, can I put them in a multi purpose solution or is it better to just let them soak in saline for this interim period?

As a rule, it's best not to mix contact lens disinfection systems. If you take your lenses out for a few hours , you certainly can store in saline solution for short periods of time. However, disinfection, whether  with Clear care or multipurpose solution, should be performed in each 24 hour cycle.  certainly a saline rinse prior to insertion cannot hurt at all, so long as there is no allergic reactions.

hope this helps..

dr. ken

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Any and all questions with regard to ocular ailments, eye diseases as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, etc , eye and visual sympomatology, eyeglasses, contact lenses, low or subnormal vision, pediatric vision conditions,and special and unique ailments will be discussed.

36 years of clinical experience in opticianry and therapeutic optometry. Still in private practice with special interests in vision conditions, diagnosing and treating ocular ailments, prescibing treatment plans which include medicine, eyeglasses, and contact lenses primarily. Although surgery is not within the realm of my area of expertise, I co-manage many pre and post -op surgical cases which include Lasik and PRK procedures.

New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians American Optometric Association

B.A.,1968, Hunter College of the City University of New York B.S.,1970, Pennsylvania College of Optometry O.D.,1973, Pennsylvania College of Optometry Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Administration Certification, New Jersey 1992

Clinical Efficiency Award, 1973, Pennsylvaania College of Optometry