Ophthalmology & Optometry/Contact lens solutions

Question
Is there any way you can possibly mix the clear care system with a multi-purpose cleaning solution?  For example if I disinfect over night in Clear Care, wear lenses for several hours and then want to take them out, keep them out a few hours and then pop in again, can I put them in a multi purpose solution or is it better to just let them soak in saline for this interim period?

Answer
As a rule, it's best not to mix contact lens disinfection systems. If you take your lenses out for a few hours , you certainly can store in saline solution for short periods of time. However, disinfection, whether  with Clear care or multipurpose solution, should be performed in each 24 hour cycle.  certainly a saline rinse prior to insertion cannot hurt at all, so long as there is no allergic reactions.

hope this helps..

dr. ken

Ophthalmology & Optometry

DR. KENNETH BERGER