Ophthalmology & Optometry/Cylindrical to spherical

I am 14 and I used to were cylindrical power all along since last 8 years. Presently it is +2.5 and +2.75. Now I have been advised to have cylindrical spherical combo lenses. +2.5 -0.75 and +2.75 -1.00. Is it better or worse?

hi Krishanu,
It looks like in the past you were used to spherical power no cylinder, and now they've added a little cylinder (-.75) to make the image more accurately focused.  it isn't better nor worse, just a little different.  Now you have a little 'astigmatism' and it is very common, it's normal.  
Mitch Axelrod, OD

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Mitchell Axelrod

I'm happy to answer questions about eye exam findings and procedures, glasses and contact lens types/prescriptions/problems. I can also answer questions about general eye conditions/diseases. I do not answer questions concerning surgical techniques/procedures. Please state your age or within a small range when asking questions, as it is often important.

Optometrist 19 yrs.

Doctor of Optometry, cum laude; Residency in Ocular Disease