Ophthalmology & Optometry/acrysof toric lens implants

Question
Hello Dr Berger. Im 68 woman and need my cataracts taken out.i have glaucoma and have lazer treatment for it 5 yrs ago so i dont have to use drops any more.Ihave astigmatism and my doctor feels im a good candicate for the toric lens implants. i have checked on the internet about people who have had this done and i dont hear very many good things about it. could i just have the traditional iol lens put in after cataract surgery.M right eye sphere is +4.75 cylinder -3.00 Axis 170. left eye sphere 5.00 cylinder -350 Axis 178.Will the traditional implant help me at all.Thank You Ann

Answer
You are most definitely a candidate for the toric plant simply because you have a considerable amount of astigmatism.  If you opt for the traditional lens implant, no doubt  you'll still be blurry and will still need eyeglasses for driving, tv  , as well as for reading.   Good luck.    Dr.ken  

Ophthalmology & Optometry

DR. KENNETH BERGER