Ophthalmology & Optometry/contact prescription help plz

Question
I am so confused when trying to order contact lenses online from the prescription that I received from my optometrist.  
The nomenclature isn't the same and I am confused.
My script specifies "spherical" "cylindrical" and "axis" per eye but none of the contact lens providers ask for this information.  (at least with these words....?#
My script also has a devision of "D.V. and N.V." which I am assuming means near vision and distance vision but I have nooooo
idea.  Here is my script:
D.V.:  o.d. spherical +1.00 cylindrical +0.50 axis 090
      o.s. spherical +0.50 cylindrical +0.75 axis 070

N.V.  o.d. #nothing, the 1 & 5 blend in from o.s. row?)
     o.s. +1.25

Answer
Dear Lisa.    You're right.   dV. Means distance vision And Nv means Near vision. The prescription you list is an eyeglass prescription and not a contact lens one.  For contact lenses you will need the polymer material or Brand name. , the base curve radius, the overall diameter , the power.. Both the spherical and cylindrical component,  . Up cannot derive a contact lens prescription from an eyeglass prescription hope this helps.  Dr. Ken  

Ophthalmology & Optometry

DR. KENNETH BERGER