Ophthalmology & Optometry/Progressive lenses for my Mom

Question
Hello Dr. Berger,
My Mom is 76 years old and not all that mobile
She did have an eye exam two months ago
The exam showed that she has a small cataract in each eye
The doctor said to leave it alone and come back for a visit in half a year
2 questions-1-does that sound right to you? 2-can I purchase for her a pair of progressive glasses online without her being there?  Thanks, Yakov

Answer
Yes it sounds right.  No doubt her catracts are not severe enough to decrease her vision significantly and alter her lifestyle so rechecking her in 6 months sounds prudent.  The answere to your second question is NO as careful sizing and measurements on mom's face must be done prior to her getting her new eyeglasses as well as the measurements of the seg height and anatomical pupillary distance ..which has to be done in person.  hope this helps

dr. ken

Ophthalmology & Optometry

DR. KENNETH BERGER