Ophthalmology & Optometry/Anti reflective coating eyeglass

Question
Hi doctor,
Can you please tell me any branded  Anti-reflective coating eye glasses??what would be the price around?And lastly,how can we know a spect is having an anti reflecting or not??

Answer
Dear Khuraijam,

There are many brands of anti-reflection lenses available in the market, to name a few I would suggest Carl Zeiss and Crizal , Carl Zeiss lenses have a engraving of their logo and crizal lenses comes with a blow mark . Anti-Reflection lenses minimizes reflections from the lens surface thus they appear more clear and transparent compared to normal lenses.
If you hold your glasses in your hand and see the reflection , the  white light looks blue or green depending on the brand of lens.

Price of these lenses varies between Rs.1400/- to 2100/- in single vision and normal index.

Regards.
Optom.Amit Sharma

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Optom. Amit Sharma