Ophthalmology & Optometry/dilated pupils

Question
Hello. I wnt for my year eye exam today and my pupils were dilated. Several hours after the procedure, my near vision is fine but my distand vision is blurry. Its almost as if the prescription for my new contacts is wrong. However, I have terrible vision and both near and far vision is limited uncoreected so Im just wondering if blurry far vision is typical after this procedure. Thanks

Answer
The effects of the dilating drops typically lasts from 4hours to two to three days depending on the type of drops used, the dosage and concentration, and the pigmentation and complexion of the patient , as well as the sensivity level,  if your vision remains blurred after that you should call your eye doctor and have him  recheck your  vision  and prescription.  Hope this answers your question.  Dr. Ken

Ophthalmology & Optometry

DR. KENNETH BERGER