Ophthalmology & Optometry/dilated pupils

Hello. I wnt for my year eye exam today and my pupils were dilated. Several hours after the procedure, my near vision is fine but my distand vision is blurry. Its almost as if the prescription for my new contacts is wrong. However, I have terrible vision and both near and far vision is limited uncoreected so Im just wondering if blurry far vision is typical after this procedure. Thanks

The effects of the dilating drops typically lasts from 4hours to two to three days depending on the type of drops used, the dosage and concentration, and the pigmentation and complexion of the patient , as well as the sensivity level,  if your vision remains blurred after that you should call your eye doctor and have him  recheck your  vision  and prescription.  Hope this answers your question.  Dr. Ken

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Any and all questions with regard to ocular ailments, eye diseases as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, etc , eye and visual sympomatology, eyeglasses, contact lenses, low or subnormal vision, pediatric vision conditions,and special and unique ailments will be discussed.

36 years of clinical experience in opticianry and therapeutic optometry. Still in private practice with special interests in vision conditions, diagnosing and treating ocular ailments, prescibing treatment plans which include medicine, eyeglasses, and contact lenses primarily. Although surgery is not within the realm of my area of expertise, I co-manage many pre and post -op surgical cases which include Lasik and PRK procedures.

New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians American Optometric Association

B.A.,1968, Hunter College of the City University of New York B.S.,1970, Pennsylvania College of Optometry O.D.,1973, Pennsylvania College of Optometry Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Administration Certification, New Jersey 1992

Clinical Efficiency Award, 1973, Pennsylvaania College of Optometry