Ophthalmology & Optometry/Eye pain with dizziness

I have been having some vision problems lately. I am a 41 yr old female and I do wear glasses for an astigmatism. I have noticed when if I try to read fine print at first it is fine then it becomes blurry and painful (my eyes will hurt). I have also noticed if I sit on my knees and then stand on my knees I get dizzy, not only do I get dizzy but my eyes will hurt. I am hoping to have an eye exam this month but wanted to know if eye pain in these scenarios is normal?

Hi Pam,
the first symptom sounds like you need bifocals or reading glasses.  But the dizzy symptom sounds like you need to see your regular doctor; though it may be simple orthostatic hypotension, I cannot reassure of that. Your eye pain, if it comes and goes by just and only reading sounds benign, but eye pain from standing isn't usual, so you should have that addressed for sure.
Mitch Axelrod, OD

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Mitchell Axelrod

I'm happy to answer questions about eye exam findings and procedures, glasses and contact lens types/prescriptions/problems. I can also answer questions about general eye conditions/diseases. I do not answer questions concerning surgical techniques/procedures. Please state your age or within a small range when asking questions, as it is often important.

Optometrist 19 yrs.

Doctor of Optometry, cum laude; Residency in Ocular Disease