Ophthalmology & Optometry/Inquiry about glasses

Question
Respected sir
Recently i have made a eye check up. I am having current power on both of my eyes are
Right: Sph: -2.75 , cyl:-2.0 ,Axis:180
Left:  Sph:-2.50, cYL:--2.25, Axis:180

past i had following power in my eyes
Right: Sph: -2.50 , cyl:-2.25 ,Axis:180
Left:  Sph:-2.75, cYL:--2.50, Axis:180

now i have got less cylindrical power and vision is clear but problem is that when i look with new power of glasses object is not in clear shape when it closer to my eyes and goes away from eyes at certain distance shape of an object becomes original. So why it happens?Does glasses may cause to traverse the image shape and depend on thickness of glass? earlier i was wearing optical glasses and now i have fiber glasses so any difference from migration to fiber glasses?How many days an eye can adjust the new glasses to fix the original vision? I dont have any problem with my eyes like stain, fatigue.
For instance , if i holding a piece of paper each of edges dont concentrate or in original shape only one side of edges seems to be somewhat slant.Plesae sir give me necessary solution to get rid from it. Thanking you...

Yours sincerely
Chirag Patel
Inddia

Answer
The slight change in prescription is based on the responses you gave the doctor during the exam, and not the material of the lenses you are using.  The prescription can fluctuate over time, even in the best, most 'stable' eyes.  A quarter diopter of sph or cyl is usually so low that most patients will be fairly unaware of a change, but some people are more sensitive.
If you're noticing some visual changes (the shapes that are slanted) this is a very typical occurrence with changes in cylinder.  The more you wear the glasses, the quicker this will go away.
If it persists for more than 14 days I would return for a prescription check.
For now, I would wear the glasses and not worry about it much - it sounds very typical.
Good Luck!
Dr.D

Ophthalmology & Optometry

John M. Dovie, OD, FAAO