Ophthalmology & Optometry/white nodule on inner bottom lid

Doctor, I noticed a white nodule on my inner bottom lid when I happened to look at that part of my eyelid.  Could it be a plugged tear duct? It looks like a whitehead inside by eyelid.  Is it something I should be concerned about, and will it resolve on its own?  There is no pain involved.

Dear Eileen.     Without seeing a picture of your lesion it is impossible for me to tell you what  is is but more likely it is a benign calcium deposit or concretion on the conjunctiva of the eyelid.  You can try to apply warm compresses for a about a week and see if it shrinks . To be sure why not have an eye doctor evaluate it to see if it needs to be treated with eye drops or excision.   Dr Ken

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Any and all questions with regard to ocular ailments, eye diseases as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, etc , eye and visual sympomatology, eyeglasses, contact lenses, low or subnormal vision, pediatric vision conditions,and special and unique ailments will be discussed.

36 years of clinical experience in opticianry and therapeutic optometry. Still in private practice with special interests in vision conditions, diagnosing and treating ocular ailments, prescibing treatment plans which include medicine, eyeglasses, and contact lenses primarily. Although surgery is not within the realm of my area of expertise, I co-manage many pre and post -op surgical cases which include Lasik and PRK procedures.

New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians American Optometric Association

B.A.,1968, Hunter College of the City University of New York B.S.,1970, Pennsylvania College of Optometry O.D.,1973, Pennsylvania College of Optometry Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Administration Certification, New Jersey 1992

Clinical Efficiency Award, 1973, Pennsylvaania College of Optometry