Ophthalmology & Optometry/Cone Rod Dystrophy

I was recently diagnosed with cone rod dystrophy and have a lot of difficulty reading. As a computer engineer, I tend to spend long hours in front of a pc, but as reading is difficult, I end up maximising the font and sitting about 2m to the screen. Can this worsen my condition? I do try to work in a well lit room.

Computer use will not worsen your condition however excessive and prolonged use may contribute to fatigue, headache, eyestrain, ocular burning ,  which may need treatment.  And be sure to have your Nearpoint focusing checked to make sure eyeglasses are not necessary.  Dr ken Berger  

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Any and all questions with regard to ocular ailments, eye diseases as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, etc , eye and visual sympomatology, eyeglasses, contact lenses, low or subnormal vision, pediatric vision conditions,and special and unique ailments will be discussed.

36 years of clinical experience in opticianry and therapeutic optometry. Still in private practice with special interests in vision conditions, diagnosing and treating ocular ailments, prescibing treatment plans which include medicine, eyeglasses, and contact lenses primarily. Although surgery is not within the realm of my area of expertise, I co-manage many pre and post -op surgical cases which include Lasik and PRK procedures.

New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians American Optometric Association

B.A.,1968, Hunter College of the City University of New York B.S.,1970, Pennsylvania College of Optometry O.D.,1973, Pennsylvania College of Optometry Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Administration Certification, New Jersey 1992

Clinical Efficiency Award, 1973, Pennsylvaania College of Optometry