Ophthalmology & Optometry/eye problem

Question
Good day! When I was frying months ago hot oil hit my left eye. I rinse it with cold tap water right away but then I feel the heat and so I rinse it again(running tap water)  for 15mins.  I did it 3 times before I could bear the heat.  Next morning, It seems fine but after a week I notice that when I read my left eye get easily tired. Thinking that I didn't sleep well on the past week I ignore it and try to sleep better the next week and nothing change so I went to an eye clinic and gave me Hialid 0.1% and told me to use it until I finished it.  Now, I finished the drops and it's back to easily get tired and sensitive eyes and could feel some pain around my eyes. Dr. my eyes is perfectly fine before this incident happen.  Apology for it quite long, here's my question which eye doctor should I go and what would I tell so he could give me a right treatment. thank you so much for taking time reading and answering this.

Answer
Ella,
The hot oil most certainly caused a mild thermal burn to part of the eye.  Rinsing it with water for 15 minutes was the best thing to do.  There is a possibility that the healing left the surface of the eye not perfectly smooth/round, so there may be some blur which can be addressed/fixed with spectacles.  There's another possibility that the thermal burn and healing process left the surface prone to dry out, which can cause fatigue, discomfort, etc.
I would go to an eye doctor who can look for signs of dry eye, and also check your prescription for glasses.
Good Luck!
Dr.D

Ophthalmology & Optometry

John M. Dovie, OD, FAAO