Ophthalmology & Optometry/new eyeglasses and dizziness

Question
Hi Dr.Mitchell!
I will gonna start my question with this, so I just came back to my old habit which is using eyeglasses. For the past two years, Ive been using contact lenses all the time and changing lenses almost every six months. But before that, Ive been using eyeglasses already since I was 14 and Im 18 now. Im myopic, and my first grades were -2.25 and -2.75, left to right eye respectively. My grades two years ago were bit higher, -3.70 and 4.00 left and right eye. So im using contact lenses for the past two years grades were both -3.75 for convenience purposes. So just a while ago, i went to an optical clinic and decided to go back to using eyeglasses. My test result were -3.75 and -4.00, left to right eye respectively. Meaning my grades didnt change. But when I finally wore the glasses, My eyes feel uncomfortable and i feel like im gonna drop to the floor. I think you know what I mean, when Im walking Im afraid like im going to slip. I dont feel any headaches but sometimes my head feel numb and my eyes get tired easily. I cant focus and I feel sleepy easily. Is that normal? I mean, Ive been using eyeglasses before and my grades didnt change for the past two years til now. Im afraid to change my glasses again coz u know its not cheap and its multicoated. Is using multicoated lenses causes that? im sorry for some of ny wrong grammars. I hope you can help me. I feel so worried.
Thanks.

Answer
hi Rona,
The powers are sensible, so make sure the lenses are positioned properly in front of the eyes and that the glasses are well adjusted. Then it may take a couple of days to get used to the optics of glasses vs contacts but it should all be fine after a couple of days.  If not, go back to the doctor or optical shop.
Best of luck,
Mitch Axelrod, OD

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Mitchell Axelrod