Ophthalmology & Optometry/Eye

Question
My right eye is in serious pain. Usually when something gets caught in my eye, I immediately have to get it out, but this is different. I woke up this morning and this irritating scratching in my eye was occurring. It felt towards the top lid of my eyeball. So I dipped my eye in water, opened it, and then my eye lid. And it still was there. I spent the past 3 hours trying to find something in my eye but I can't seem to find anything. When I look right I don't feel the scraping but when I look inward I feel the scrap and I can't get on with my day with this awful pain. Did I scratch my cornia? And can I use eye drops to help fix this? Because I'm not sure if I can make it to the doctor today, I have multiple planss. Thanks

Answer
If you have serious pain you may have indeed scratched your cornea or have gotten a foreign body lodged in your eye or upper lid.   If the pain doesn't dissipate  by tomorw , see an eye doctor.  don't wait til Monday.   If there is no eye doctor available. Go to the emergeny room of the hospital for treAtment.  Good luck.   Dr Berger  

Ophthalmology & Optometry

DR. KENNETH BERGER