Ophthalmology & Optometry/Eye

Question
My right eye is in serious pain. Usually when something gets caught in my eye, I immediately have to get it out, but this is different. I woke up this morning and this irritating scratching in my eye was occurring. It felt towards the top lid of my eyeball. So I dipped my eye in water, opened it, and then my eye lid. And it still was there. I spent the past 3 hours trying to find something in my eye but I can't seem to find anything. When I look right I don't feel the scraping but when I look inward I feel the scrap and I can't get on with my day with this awful pain. Did I scratch my cornia? And can I use eye drops to help fix this? Because I'm not sure if I can make it to the doctor today, I have multiple plans. Thanks

Answer
Dear Jake,

There could be many reasons for irritation and foreign body sensation. This can actually be a foreign body, allergy or a wound.
The best is that you take out some time and show to an eye doctor, mean while you may use any lubricating eye drops or gel available of the shelves.

Regards.
Optom.Amit Sharma  

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Optom. Amit Sharma