Ophthalmology & Optometry/Question about vision correction

Question
Dr. Axelrod,

It's me again dr. Axelrod. I have -1.25 grade in left eye and -0.5 in the right eye. Is it ok to use eye glasses with grade -0.5 in both lenses? Will it damage my eye if I continue using the eye glasses with that grade?

Thanks and happy new year.

Arjay

Answer
Hi again Arjay,
It won't damage or change your eyes, only the vision out of the glasses will be blurry for the left eye but nothing other than that.  Some people don't like when the two eyes aren't synchronized but it isn't harmful other than a possible sense of eyestrain or headache but nothing permanent or damaging.
You have a nice new year as well
Mitch Axelrod,OD

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Mitchell Axelrod