Ophthalmology & Optometry/eye film

I have what feels like vaseline in my eyes,i have a hard time focusing.I had Cataract surgery 14 years ago on both eyes.I am 54 now,and would like to know if i can do something for that feeling and focusing problem?I do have bifocals but have the problem even while wearing my glasses.Thank you,slimy eyes

Yes see your eye doctor as you may now need laser capsulotomy where the Opacified capsule holding your implant is becoming cloudy giving you that greasy, Vaseline-type vision. The procedure is done in the office and takes less than 10 minutes and is very common. .  Good luck   Dr . Ken

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Any and all questions with regard to ocular ailments, eye diseases as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, etc , eye and visual sympomatology, eyeglasses, contact lenses, low or subnormal vision, pediatric vision conditions,and special and unique ailments will be discussed.

36 years of clinical experience in opticianry and therapeutic optometry. Still in private practice with special interests in vision conditions, diagnosing and treating ocular ailments, prescibing treatment plans which include medicine, eyeglasses, and contact lenses primarily. Although surgery is not within the realm of my area of expertise, I co-manage many pre and post -op surgical cases which include Lasik and PRK procedures.

New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians American Optometric Association

B.A.,1968, Hunter College of the City University of New York B.S.,1970, Pennsylvania College of Optometry O.D.,1973, Pennsylvania College of Optometry Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Administration Certification, New Jersey 1992

Clinical Efficiency Award, 1973, Pennsylvaania College of Optometry