Ophthalmology & Optometry/eyeball skin tags?

I have had skin tags removed from my body before but i have something that looks like a tag on my eyeball that came at the same time as a bad sore throat virus type sickness. feels like a eyelid in my eye but looks like a tag. is it possible to get a tag on the eyeball or could it be something associated with a virus?

Without seeing a picture it is difficult to tell you what is there.  It could be
One of many things for example, pinguecula, pterygium, conjunctival edema, nevus, pannus, neovascularization, cyst, etc.   have checked out to see if it needs to be treated or
Left alone and observed.   Dr. Ken

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Any and all questions with regard to ocular ailments, eye diseases as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, etc , eye and visual sympomatology, eyeglasses, contact lenses, low or subnormal vision, pediatric vision conditions,and special and unique ailments will be discussed.

36 years of clinical experience in opticianry and therapeutic optometry. Still in private practice with special interests in vision conditions, diagnosing and treating ocular ailments, prescibing treatment plans which include medicine, eyeglasses, and contact lenses primarily. Although surgery is not within the realm of my area of expertise, I co-manage many pre and post -op surgical cases which include Lasik and PRK procedures.

New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians American Optometric Association

B.A.,1968, Hunter College of the City University of New York B.S.,1970, Pennsylvania College of Optometry O.D.,1973, Pennsylvania College of Optometry Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Administration Certification, New Jersey 1992

Clinical Efficiency Award, 1973, Pennsylvaania College of Optometry