Ophthalmology & Optometry/New glasses causing issues

Hi Dr Berger.

Before I ask -- I am an 26 year old A-Type personality (my OD even has this on my file and is aware) that notices any minor change in RX and glasses.

My old RX:
OD +1.5 -0.75 015
OS +1.25 -0.50 004
Silhouette Titanium Rimless Frames w/ SOLA lenses

My new RX:
OD +0.75 +0.75 100
OS +0.75 +0.75 100
Persol Plastic Full-Frame (hipster style) w/ Essilor 360 + Crizal

Relatively minor prescription, but wearing them full-time removes a lot of strain on my eyes / reduction in headaches.

My new glasses are driving me nuts.  The two eyes feel like they're not working together, and anything beyond a couple feet is blurry.  I understand my two RX's are just about the same (slight increase in left eye) but not enough to do what these are doing.

I've read that PD discrepancies can cause a prism or shift like feel.  I would definitely describe it as this; however, the optician (2 of them) have confirmed that the lenses were cut exactly to the RX.

They noted that the curvature of the frames is a little more than what my Silhouettes were.  He made a small adjustment, and while it helped a bit, the issue is still there.

At this point, he's sent the glasses back to Essilor for them to double check.  He said if they come back OK, then he'd want me to see my OD again.  I am confident the RX is not the issue though -- as you'll see, it was a very minor tweak, not enough to completely through me and my distance vision off.

Any advice? Could it be the larger frames or lenses?
Am I asking the right questions?

Hi Brian.  Since your two prescriptions are indeed very similar, it could very well be the size of the frames and the curvature distortion that you're having difficulty with as well as the base curve that the lenses were made on.   If the
PDs are accurate and  there's no unwanted prism then that
Is a good possibility.  Have it checked
For resolution.     Dr ken  

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Any and all questions with regard to ocular ailments, eye diseases as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, etc , eye and visual sympomatology, eyeglasses, contact lenses, low or subnormal vision, pediatric vision conditions,and special and unique ailments will be discussed.

36 years of clinical experience in opticianry and therapeutic optometry. Still in private practice with special interests in vision conditions, diagnosing and treating ocular ailments, prescibing treatment plans which include medicine, eyeglasses, and contact lenses primarily. Although surgery is not within the realm of my area of expertise, I co-manage many pre and post -op surgical cases which include Lasik and PRK procedures.

New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians American Optometric Association

B.A.,1968, Hunter College of the City University of New York B.S.,1970, Pennsylvania College of Optometry O.D.,1973, Pennsylvania College of Optometry Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Administration Certification, New Jersey 1992

Clinical Efficiency Award, 1973, Pennsylvaania College of Optometry