Ophthalmology & Optometry/Contact lens dizziness and off balance sensation

I'm 25 years old and I'm interested in wearing contact lens. Recently, I bought a normal lens that was prescribed by my optician. But, when I wore that lens, I felt dizzy and an off-balance sensation. I thought maybe the power of my lens was too high. So, I tried looking with only one-eye and it seems fine, the power was just right and I don't feel dizzy. When I looked with both eyes, the off-balance feeling was there. I've astigmatism but it's not that worse(so my optician says). So, what do you think is the problem? I really want to wear contact lens. Please help!Thank you.

Hi Sally,
If each eye alone sees well but together it is weird, then likely the eyes aren't 'balanced' or the Rx is overall too strong. Just see the contact lens fitter/prescriber to have the Rx rechecked. It should work out OK.
Best of luck,
Mitch Axelrod, OD

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Mitchell Axelrod

I'm happy to answer questions about eye exam findings and procedures, glasses and contact lens types/prescriptions/problems. I can also answer questions about general eye conditions/diseases. I do not answer questions concerning surgical techniques/procedures. Please state your age or within a small range when asking questions, as it is often important.

Optometrist 19 yrs.

Doctor of Optometry, cum laude; Residency in Ocular Disease