Ophthalmology & Optometry/eye movment

I have a 5 yr old boy, which at birth I noticed my son looked cross eyed. I made it an issue with his pediatrician and was referred to an optomologist and I explained to his the concern I had with my son eye, he then did his exam and stated to me that the space between his eyes was wide so that caused his eye to move outward and inward. I was very unhappy with the exam and walked away. I have noticed that lately it has gotten worse and I have been doing some research and I feel it is possible he has Duane Syndrome. I've had a hard time finding a doctor in Fresno California who can maybe exam him. His teacher have almost brought it to my attention that it looks as if it is affect his vision in school so he does what I call the pirate face. I am asking if you can possible help me fine a doctor in my area who can assist me. Thank you for your time
Sincerely, Jessica Mabry

As I am from NewJersey and Florida I do not know any eye doctors in Fresno,  California.  Why not call the local medical society or association  for a referral to a Pediatric Ophthalmologist in your area or call the American Optometric association for a referral to a pediatric optometrist.   Good luck.  Dr Ken          PS your son will
Probably Also need a cycloplegic refraction  performed

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Any and all questions with regard to ocular ailments, eye diseases as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, etc , eye and visual sympomatology, eyeglasses, contact lenses, low or subnormal vision, pediatric vision conditions,and special and unique ailments will be discussed.

36 years of clinical experience in opticianry and therapeutic optometry. Still in private practice with special interests in vision conditions, diagnosing and treating ocular ailments, prescibing treatment plans which include medicine, eyeglasses, and contact lenses primarily. Although surgery is not within the realm of my area of expertise, I co-manage many pre and post -op surgical cases which include Lasik and PRK procedures.

New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians American Optometric Association

B.A.,1968, Hunter College of the City University of New York B.S.,1970, Pennsylvania College of Optometry O.D.,1973, Pennsylvania College of Optometry Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Administration Certification, New Jersey 1992

Clinical Efficiency Award, 1973, Pennsylvaania College of Optometry