Ophthalmology & Optometry/Damage to eye

About 3 years ago, I accidentally poked my eye with the end of a snooker cue. At the time, I thought I was ok, and carried on with what I was doing, but woke in the night in excruciating pain. I went to A&E where they said I had scratched the surface, but did not look deep.  They gave me a week of eye drops.  After a couple weeks I still had pain so saw my optician who prescribed eye lubricant as they thought that when it was healing, my eye after getting a bit dry through the night would rip the healed part off again, rather like picking a scab.  This has been happening over the last two years or so, and I have recently been back to the eye clinic at the hospital, where they gave me a week of antibiotic eye drops (3 lots) and 2 at night of lubricant.  I have used the lubricant for 6 weeks, and also oral antibiotics for skin. It has been a bit better but still sometimes I feel the pain and get times of blurry vision. What else can they do if this doesn't work and what is happening to my eye? Any advice would be gratefully recieved.  Thank you for your time, Lou.

Dear Lou,

This is recurrent corneal epithelial erosion. It needs treatment either with the laser or anterior stromal micropuncture depending on the location.
Meet a cornea specialist for the same instead of a General Ophthalmologist.
It can be easily rectified.

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS

I can answer any question on eye care, expertise in Laser eye surgery, LASIK, Epi LASIK, cataract, glaucoma, keratoconus- corneal collagen crosslinking.

OF LASIK, we are one of the first centres to use the wavefront guided LASIK or custom LASIK procedures. I train doctors worldwide for these wavefront procedures, our centre is the referral centre for our Wavelight Laser Technologies, Germany in India.

ASCRS [American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery]certified by USA- Joint Commission International

MD Ophthalmology and FICS [Fellow of the International College of Surgeons]

please see http://www.shroffeye.org and www.lasikindia.in