Ophthalmology & Optometry/Glasses

Question
Hello!
I have been critically farsighted since, well birth I suppose, and wore glasses until 5th grade. My vision is such that I cannot wear glasses for extended periods of time bc the lenses are so heavy they leave indentations on the bridge of my nose. I'm 25 now, and I wear +8/+7.5 power contacts pretty much year-round. Call it vanity, but I like the way I look in glasses. HOWEVER, the magnification of my glasses means that my eyes appear huge in the lens (effectively encompassing ~75% of the lens), and folk consistently comment on it. Is there a technology that can compensate or reduce this effect?

Thank you for your time!

Answer
Dear Will,

Technology have improved drastically over the past few years . Hi Index and double aspheric lenses are now available that looks thinner compared to conventional lenses and the magnification is much less. Try not to take too big frame to minimize the thickness.

Regards
Optom.Amit Sharma

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Optom. Amit Sharma