Ophthalmology & Optometry/internal hordeolum

Question
Good Evening,

I have had a internal hordeolum for about 3 weeks now. The first week, my upper eye lids swelled up pretty good and it felt as if something was scratching my eye. I lifted up my eyelid and I saw a pimple in there. I went to the Doctors and suggested warm compress and prescribed me topical erythimicin. After about a week, the swelling went away and all felt normal, so I felt everything was healed. So today, 3 weeks later, I rubbed my eyes because I was tired, and I was curiopus to see if it healed all the way. So I lifted up my eye lid and I still seen the bump(Now specifically smaller) and i still notice a small amount of pus coming out but not as bed. How long does these things last? I have had sinus congestion/Post nasal prior to the stye, and I am now dealing with allegies, so not sure if its connected. Any help would be appreciated.

Answer
Dear Scott,

Internal Hordeolum or chalazion is inflamation of meibomain(Oil) gland caused by its blockage. It is not a very serious eye condition.
As mentioned by you that the bump is smaller and pus oozing out of its opening. I suggest that you either drain out the pus by yourself or take Ophthalmological help .
Once the pus is drained out , 3-4 days use of topical antibiotics should heal it completely.

Minor surgical procedure is sometimes required when the above mentioned treatment does not help.

Regards
Optom.Amit Sharma

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Optom. Amit Sharma