Ophthalmology & Optometry/medium distances

I am 61 years old, very near sighted and wear contact lens for distance. For up close things, I just wear magnifying glasses. But I don't see well at inbetween distances, around 5-15 ft, things that are not real close up yet not at a far distance. So what is recommended to see well at all three distances (close up, medium and far away)at the same time? Thanks

Since your contacts correct your distance vision , you simply need bifocal or progressive lenses in glasses to correct your intermediate vision  and your Nearpoint/reading  vision .  Another option to to get one of your contacts set for the closer focus and the other for your distance focus.    Good luck.  Dr ken  

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Any and all questions with regard to ocular ailments, eye diseases as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, etc , eye and visual sympomatology, eyeglasses, contact lenses, low or subnormal vision, pediatric vision conditions,and special and unique ailments will be discussed.

36 years of clinical experience in opticianry and therapeutic optometry. Still in private practice with special interests in vision conditions, diagnosing and treating ocular ailments, prescibing treatment plans which include medicine, eyeglasses, and contact lenses primarily. Although surgery is not within the realm of my area of expertise, I co-manage many pre and post -op surgical cases which include Lasik and PRK procedures.

New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians American Optometric Association

B.A.,1968, Hunter College of the City University of New York B.S.,1970, Pennsylvania College of Optometry O.D.,1973, Pennsylvania College of Optometry Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Administration Certification, New Jersey 1992

Clinical Efficiency Award, 1973, Pennsylvaania College of Optometry