Ophthalmology & Optometry/Pressure on the cornea

When pressure is applied onto the cornea wether it's from rubbing the eye a bit too hard with the knuckles or weathers its from a poke in the eye ,could the pressure force the aqueous humour onto the iris mainly on the outsides of the iris were the cornea ,aqueous humour and the iris are closer together ,could it result a change in iris color (darker or lighter discolouration)?

no. pressure is distributed evenly throughout the eye.  extreme pressure causes the cornea to become cloudy, and even blood to not be able to get into the eye resulting in blindness. brief pressure like a rub doesn't do anything.  if you think the iris is discolored on the periphery consider 'corneal arcus' Let me know or take a close up photo..
Mitch Axelrod, OD

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Mitchell Axelrod

I'm happy to answer questions about eye exam findings and procedures, glasses and contact lens types/prescriptions/problems. I can also answer questions about general eye conditions/diseases. I do not answer questions concerning surgical techniques/procedures. Please state your age or within a small range when asking questions, as it is often important.

Optometrist 19 yrs.

Doctor of Optometry, cum laude; Residency in Ocular Disease