Ophthalmology & Optometry/Small white bump on white of eye

Question
I have recently developed a tiny white bump (like a pimple) on the white of my eye, in the corner close to my nose.  I think it happened after a drop of cooking oil splattered and got into my eye a few days ago, but I"m not 100% sure.  I feel like I have something in my eye all the time, but no pain.  Is this something that should resolve on its own? Thanks!

Answer
Hi lil if you feel like you have something in your eye, you need to get it checked out.  the chances are it's nothing. But the foreign body sensation in your eye is obviously not normal .it may be that you need an anti-inflammatory drop or lubricant eyedrops . The white dots in the corner of your eye may be a pinguecula , again harmless unless it becomes inflamed and irritated.  Hope this helps. Dr Ken

Ophthalmology & Optometry

DR. KENNETH BERGER