Ophthalmology & Optometry/Small white bump on white of eye

I have recently developed a tiny white bump (like a pimple) on the white of my eye, in the corner close to my nose.  I think it happened after a drop of cooking oil splattered and got into my eye a few days ago, but I"m not 100% sure.  I feel like I have something in my eye all the time, but no pain.  Is this something that should resolve on its own? Thanks!

Hi lil if you feel like you have something in your eye, you need to get it checked out.  the chances are it's nothing. But the foreign body sensation in your eye is obviously not normal .it may be that you need an anti-inflammatory drop or lubricant eyedrops . The white dots in the corner of your eye may be a pinguecula , again harmless unless it becomes inflamed and irritated.  Hope this helps. Dr Ken

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Any and all questions with regard to ocular ailments, eye diseases as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, etc , eye and visual sympomatology, eyeglasses, contact lenses, low or subnormal vision, pediatric vision conditions,and special and unique ailments will be discussed.

36 years of clinical experience in opticianry and therapeutic optometry. Still in private practice with special interests in vision conditions, diagnosing and treating ocular ailments, prescibing treatment plans which include medicine, eyeglasses, and contact lenses primarily. Although surgery is not within the realm of my area of expertise, I co-manage many pre and post -op surgical cases which include Lasik and PRK procedures.

New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians American Optometric Association

B.A.,1968, Hunter College of the City University of New York B.S.,1970, Pennsylvania College of Optometry O.D.,1973, Pennsylvania College of Optometry Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Administration Certification, New Jersey 1992

Clinical Efficiency Award, 1973, Pennsylvaania College of Optometry