Ophthalmology & Optometry/short sightedness

Question
QUESTION: i'm 22 years old boy
my right eye power is .50 and axis 150, doctor suggested me to wear specs for 1 year. i started to wear specs since last 5 days.After started to using specs, when i remove my specs i cant see properly than my old days.
why it is happening?? any chance to get my actual eye power after one year, wearing specs?

ANSWER: Dear Babeesh,

+0.50 is very nominal prescription. The reason of not seeing properly is just that our eyes takes a little time to re-adjust or refocus when you take off your glasses.
Prescription glasses (specs)  just make the rays focus on your retina to make you see better and clearer. They don't permanently correct your vision errors.

If you dislike wearing spectacles , you may use them only while studying and working of computer.

Regards
Optom.Amit Sharma

QUESTION: Thank you sir for your valuable information.

Actually i can see the objects are near to me, but the problem is the distanced objects seeing with a small blur.

Then why my doctor say that 1 year continuous use of specs will correct my vision?

If i use the specs for few years, is there any chance to loss my eye power that now i have ?

is there any medicine to correct my vision error?

Answer
Dear Babeesh

There is no medicine to correct eye sight as of now. ,
I have no idea why your doctor asked you to wear glasses for one year only.
Please consult your doctor again to clear your doubts, and you should not worry too much about this error, just wear your spectacles and have your eye sight tested again after a year.

Regards  

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Optom. Amit Sharma