Ophthalmology & Optometry/Thumbs pressed in eyes

I was fooling around with my girlfriend and she pressed her thumbs into my eyes quite hard which left me with a throbbing pain in my eye

could it cause the pressure to rise in the eye? could the pressure have an effect of the pigment tissue in the iris resulting in a discolouration? Or could the force of the press on the cornea effect iris color in some way?

Dear Anthony,

Do not worry, for the first few hours, or maybe a day or 2 you may feel a little heaviness near the eyes, but this will not impact vision or have any long term vision problems...so rest your mind.

Kind regards,
Dr Anand Shroff

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS

I can answer any question on eye care, expertise in Laser eye surgery, LASIK, Epi LASIK, cataract, glaucoma, keratoconus- corneal collagen crosslinking.

OF LASIK, we are one of the first centres to use the wavefront guided LASIK or custom LASIK procedures. I train doctors worldwide for these wavefront procedures, our centre is the referral centre for our Wavelight Laser Technologies, Germany in India.

ASCRS [American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery]certified by USA- Joint Commission International

MD Ophthalmology and FICS [Fellow of the International College of Surgeons]

please see http://www.shroffeye.org and www.lasikindia.in