Ophthalmology & Optometry/Clarification:

sir my name is MADHU, my age 24. sir recently i got a job in "Indian Railways". in medical test they said "Visual StandardsóDistance vision: 6/9, 6/9 without glasses. Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 without glasses"is necessary. But present my Distance Vision eye sight Right eye: -4.25 , left eye: -3.50. i mean am using these power glasses. so sir please tell am eligible for that job or not? -3.50, -4.25 means what. i means 6/? how much?

Dear Madhu,

Firstly, you need to find out if the Indian Railways allows you to use glasses, if yes, up to which power? The 6/9 is the visual acuity (lines of the chart) that you have described.
If the glasses make you see 6/6 or 6/9 and they are allowed, you should have no problem.

You could also consider laser vision correction or LASIk, please read more about it on www.lasikindia.in

Hope this helps,
Dr Shroff

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS

I can answer any question on eye care, expertise in Laser eye surgery, LASIK, Epi LASIK, cataract, glaucoma, keratoconus- corneal collagen crosslinking.

OF LASIK, we are one of the first centres to use the wavefront guided LASIK or custom LASIK procedures. I train doctors worldwide for these wavefront procedures, our centre is the referral centre for our Wavelight Laser Technologies, Germany in India.

ASCRS [American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery]certified by USA- Joint Commission International

MD Ophthalmology and FICS [Fellow of the International College of Surgeons]

please see http://www.shroffeye.org and www.lasikindia.in