Ophthalmology & Optometry/corneal scarring post c3r

Question
hello sir , i had asked you a question about 3 months back regarding c3r as i am suffering from keractoconus. I have undergone c3r in my right eye on 14 may 2013 . i am now feeling absolutely fine and would like to ellustrate the change POSTOPERATIVE
BEFORE
1) power in right eye was -4.0 cylinder 170 degrees 6/36
2) Pachymetery by ultrasound method right eye was about 380
3) my k values in coronal topography was  59

POSTSURGERY
1) Power in right eye is -2.0 cyl 55 degres
2) pachymetery is not coming by ultrasound method so by coronal topography it is 320
3) k value is 55

NOW MY MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION IS WHY CAN THEY NOT GET A PACCYMETRY READING ON MY RIGHT EYE WITH ULTRASOUND PEN.

SECONDLY I HAVE DEVELOPED A CENTRAL CORNEAL SCAR , IT IS MILKY WHITE , IS IT A NORMAL SEQUALE OF C3R  AND IS THERE ANY METHOD OF REMOVING THAT SCAR.
THANK YOU.

Answer
Dear Dr Madhavendra,

Sorry for delay in reply.

Firstly, the pachymetry done by a touch method sometimes does not give accurate readings. Secondly, in keratoconus, and that even after treatment, the readings are difficult in some cases.

It is best to try the corneal thickness and topography maps on superior equipment like the Pentacam Topolyzer. Check if this is available with any clinic in your city. Of course, if in Mumbai, we shall be happy to help.

Lastly, the scarring is not common and can be a concern if it has come post C3R. This needs aggressive management.

Sometimes, it can be due to delayed healing, but it surely requires the expert to be on top of things.

You can send us your report by filing the contact form on www.shroffeye.org. I may be able to help you better after seeing the report

Best
Dr Anand Shroff
www.shroffeye.org  

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS