Ophthalmology & Optometry/follow up to

Thanks sir. I guess i have become very conscious about my eyesight post surgery and thats why i keep worrying about one thing or another.
I am supposed to join an Oil and gas company this october and as a part of this field job, i'll be supposed to be on rig sometimes.They do supply protective equipment and glasses but advise if i can take some precautions from my side too.
I also came across this link
which says lasik is not recommended for those aspiring for army.
can it create a problem with the job i am heading for?

Dear Prerna,

Don't worry, the LASIK will not interfere in your choice of career.
But yes, do wear protective wear when in an area with even slightest chance of some oil / smoke going into the eyes.

Enjoy life post LASIK.
Don't go on the internet as it has some frightening sites and it may not apply to you.

Dr Shroff

Ophthalmology & Optometry

Dr Anand Shroff, MD, FICS

I can answer any question on eye care, expertise in Laser eye surgery, LASIK, Epi LASIK, cataract, glaucoma, keratoconus- corneal collagen crosslinking.

OF LASIK, we are one of the first centres to use the wavefront guided LASIK or custom LASIK procedures. I train doctors worldwide for these wavefront procedures, our centre is the referral centre for our Wavelight Laser Technologies, Germany in India.

ASCRS [American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery]certified by USA- Joint Commission International

MD Ophthalmology and FICS [Fellow of the International College of Surgeons]

please see and